Kansas Speedway Data
|Kansas Speedway Data
Season Race #: 31 of 36 (05-02-16)
Track Size: 1.5-miles
Banking/Turn 1 & 2: 17 to 20 degrees
Banking/Turn 3 & 4: 17 to 20 degrees
Banking/Frontstretch: 10 degrees
Banking/Backstretch: 5 degrees
Frontstretch Length: 2,685 feet
Backstretch Length: 2,207 feet
Race Length: 267 laps / 400 miles
Top 10 Driver Ratings at Kansas
Jimmie Johnson…………………… 110.4
Matt Kenseth………………………. 107.4
Kevin Harvick………………………. 103.4
Greg Biffle……………………………. 96.8
Martin Truex Jr………………………. 95.5
Carl Edwards………………………… 95.4
Kasey Kahne………………………… 91.8
Kyle Larson………………………….. 91.8
Brad Keselowski……………………. 91.8
Tony Stewart………………………… 89.1
Note: Driver Ratings compiled from 2005-2016 races (17 total) among active drivers at Kansas Speedway.
2015 pole winner:
Brad Keselowski, Ford
195.503 mph, 27.621 secs. 10-16-15
2015 race winner:
Joey Logano, Ford
135.732 mph, (02:58:22), 10-18-15
Track qualifying record:
Kevin Harvick, Chevrolet
197.773 mph, 27.304 secs. 10-03-14
Track race record:
Denny Hamlin, Toyota
144.122 mph, (02:46:44), 04-22-12
- Groundbreaking was held on May 25, 1999.
- The official opening of Kansas Speedway was in 2001, with the first events being an ARCA race and a NASCAR K&N Pro Series West race on the same day – June 2.
- The first NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race was on Sept. 30, 2001 – won by Jeff Gordon (110.576 mph, 3:37:19).
- During the 2012 season, between the April and October events the 1.5-mile track underwent a repave adding variable banking in the corners.
- There have been 21 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races at Kansas Speedway, one NSCS event from 2001 – 2010 and two races per year since 2011.
- 126 drivers have competed in at least one NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Kansas; 96 in more than one.
- Four drivers have started all 21 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races at Kansas Speedway – Kevin Harvick, Kurt Busch, Matt Kenseth and Ryan Newman.
- Joey Logano leads all active drivers in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series in average starting position at Kansas Speedway with a 10.571.
- Four drivers all-time have made their first NASCAR Sprint Cup Series career start at Kansas Speedway: Erik Jones (5/09/2015), Ryan Blaney (5/10/2014), Austin Dillon (10/09/2011) and Denny Hamlin (10/09/2005).
- 14 drivers have Coors Light poles at Kansas, led by Kevin Harvick, Jimmie Johnson and Kasey Kahne with three each.
- Jason Leffler won the inaugural Coors Light pole at Kansas Speedway in 2001 with a speed of 176.499 mph.
- Jimmie Johnson and Kevin Harvick are the only two drivers to win consecutive Coors Light poles at Kansas Speedway (Johnson – 2007, 2008 and Harvick – fall 2013, spring 2014 and fall 2014).
- Youngest Kansas pole winner: Joey Logano (05/09/2015 – 24 years, 11 months, 15 days).
- Oldest Kansas pole winner: Mark Martin (10/04/2009 – 50 years, 8 months, 25 days).
- 13 different drivers have won at Kansas Speedway, led by Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson with three each.
- Hendrick Motorsports leads the series in wins at Kansas with six: Jeff Gordon (three: 2001, 2002 and 2014) and Jimmie Johnson (three: 2008, 2011 and 2015).
- Four manufacturers have won at Kansas Speedway in the NSCS; led by Chevrolet with 10 victories, Ford with six, Toyota has three and Dodge has two.
- Four of the 21 (19%) NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races at Kansas Speedway have been won from the Coors Light pole; Joe Nemechek (2004), Jimmie Johnson (2008), Matt Kenseth (spring 2013) and Kevin Harvick (fall 2013).
- Five of the 21 (23.8%) NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races at Kansas Speedway have been won from the front row: four from the pole and one from second-place.
- 12 of the 21 (57.1%) NASCAR Sprint Cup races at Kansas Speedway have been won from a top-10 starting position.
- 18 of the 21 (85.7%) NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races at Kansas Speedway have been won from a top-20 starting position.
- Two of the 21 (9.5%) NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races at Kansas Speedway have been won from a starting position outside the top 20. – 21st (Tony Stewart, 2006) and 25th (Brad Keselowski, 2011).
- The deepest in the field that a race winner has started at Kansas Speedway is 25th, by Brad Keselowski in the spring of 2011.
- Youngest Kansas winner: Joey Logano (10/05/2014 – 24 years, 4 months, 11 days).
- Oldest Kansas winner: Mark Martin (10/09/2005 – 46 years, 9 months, 0 days).
- Jeff Gordon and Matt Kenseth are the only two NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers that have posted consecutive wins at Kansas Speedway: Gordon (2001 and 2002 – the first two NSCS events at Kansas) and Kenseth (fall of 2012, spring of 2013).
- Jeff Gordon is the only driver to win at Kansas in his first appearance.
- Kyle Busch competed at Kansas Speedway 16 times before winning in the earlier this season; the longest span of any the 10 active NASCAR Sprint Cup Series winners at Kansas.
- Kyle Busch (16), Kevin Harvick (15) and Matt Kenseth (13) have made 10 or more attempts before their first win at Kansas Speedway.
- Kurt Busch leads the series with the most NASCAR Sprint Cup Series starts at Kansas Speedway without visiting Victory Lane at 21.
Additional Finishing Positions
- Kevin Harvick has the series most runner-up finishes at Kansas Speedway with three.
- Jeff Gordon leads the series in top-five finishes at Kansas Speedway with 11; followed by Jimmie Johnson with eight, Matt Kenseth and Greg Biffle each have seven.
- Jimmie Johnson leads the series in top-10 finishes at Kansas Speedway with 16; followed by Jeff Gordon (14), Carl Edwards (12) and Matt Kenseth (12).
- Jimmie Johnson (9.150) is the only active NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver with more than one start at Kansas Speedway with an average finishing position inside the top 10.
Track / Event Specific Stats
- There has been two NSCS races resulting with a green-white-checkered finish at Kansas Speedway: fall of 2011 (267/272) and fall of 2015 (267/269).
- Only one of the 21 races at Kansas Speedway has been shortened due to weather conditions: fall of 2007 – Completed 210 of the scheduled 267 laps.
- Qualifying has never been cancelled due to weather conditions in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at Kansas Speedway.
- Brad Keselowski has participated in the most NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races at Kansas Speedway without posting a DNF (13).
- Since the advent of electronic scoring the closest margin of victory in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at Kansas Speedway was the (10/10/2004) race won by Joe Nemechek with a MOV of 0.081 second.
- Matt Kenseth leads the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series in laps led at Kansas Speedway with 658 laps led in 21 starts.
Female Competitor Stats
- Danica Patrick is the only female driver that has competed at Kansas Speedway in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series:
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.